Friday, January 11, 2013


5   


Late Christmas


I would have updated sooner because I was hoping to do a day trip some time before Christmas or the days around it, but things fell through.  I woke up on Christmas day in a hospital bed, apparently after being in a coma and on a respirator for over a week.   I don't remember any of it.. but I'm ok now.

I was in recovery from a bone marrow transplant almost 2 years ago, and now I'm back on track.. just having a little bit more trouble breathing.

I wanted to post anyway because I thought  it would be poor form to start a blog and start leaving long open spaces between posts so quickly.

Obviously I don't have any new Ultimate Spider-Man issues to mention, but I did get a few good things for Christmas.  First, my father picked up my pull list at the comic shop, so I go to read Amazing Spider-Man #700.  I was actually a little upset at the ending, but I was really glad that the book actually shocked me.  It caught me off guard with an ending I didn't expect, and I don't know where this story line is gonna lead.    I'd choose that over the story going my way any day. It's about time the Amazing Spider-Man started throowing in plot twists that actually shocked me once in a while.  For a while the only Marvel book I've been able to get surprises from has been Daredevil.  
I still made a few good acquisitions though when it came time to get my Christmas gifts


Daredevil #16 from 1966.  My two favorite super heroes on one cover together long before I was born.  My mom picked this up for me.  It's in great condition.


 Megaman X in blue chrome.  Came with all kinds of interchangeable arms and faces and what not.

My parents also gave me a copy of the Death of Spider-Man Omnibus.  It's material I've already read.. but I'm more than enthusiastic to have another piece of the Ultimate Spider-Man story in Omnibus form.  I'll continue to double dip any time a piece of USM or UCSM gets released in an Omnibus.  The art throughout the entire series has been well worth the larger page size and I love the stitched bindings on these hardcovers.


No comments:

Post a Comment