Tuesday, January 22, 2013


7   


Gotta clear up some wall space



My Mother agreed to buy me some picture frames for my comic art in exchange for an already framed set of Picasso sketches that I had and she wanted for her living room.  Of course the first thing I did when we came to that agreement was order a new piece of comic art.  

I'm sorry it's a bit blurry.. all I have is a phone camera and my hands are shaky from the meds.  You'll just have to come visit me at home(this offer is only open to people I know, not folks on the internet who accidentally stumble across m blog) to check it out.. but here it is.








This is the original pencil and ink artwork used for page 6 of Issue #7 of the current Daredevil volume which started in 2011.  Daredevil #7 won the Eisner Award for "Best Single Issue".  As far as I'm concerned, this is the best single page.

Paolo Rivera and his father, Joe Rivera are the artists responsible.  Because their process involves two stages, I actually get a little more bang for my buck.  On the left is the original black and blue pencil work by Paolo Rivera.  When Paolo finishes a page he scans it and hands off the copy to be inked by his Dad.  Obviously, the inked copy is on the right.  I accidentally cut off a little of the bottom right hand corner, but Joe Rivera signed the second one next to where Paolo signed and I thought the father/son autograph was kinda cool.. I'll make sure it shows when it's framed.

Tomorrow is comic book day, and Friday I'll finally be making another excursion out to a comic book shop I havent been to to sift through bins of back issues.  Hopefully Friday night I'll have something to post about that's Ultimate Spider-Man related.  If not, maybe I'll at least have some of the following: Black Panther 513-524, Walking Dead 99, Amazing Spider-Man 400, or Cable & Deadpool 37-50.  At the very least I'll be able to describe my first day using my new handicapped placard to park Kenny's car wherever we want!  

2 comments:

  1. Does Daredevil have red hair?? Also, hope you found some good stuff on your excursion today- James

    ReplyDelete
  2. You also need wallspace for the deer head.

    ReplyDelete