Friday, March 8, 2013

12.1

12.1     


Brief visit to Midtown Grand Central

glad I got this one out of the way


I've been to midtown in Times Square, and now i've been to midtown grand central. The idea i left with is that most of the great Reputation this store has comes from Times Square. Don't get me wrong. This is still an above average comic shop.. But it doesn't come close to it's Times Square big brother, and so I can't see a reason to go back. Even though the store wasn't quite what I was hoping, I only had about 20 minutes to shop, so it felt just about right. I quickly checked through the trades to see if they had a few trades I've been hunting for, the most elusive of which is The Goon Vol. 2. I was unsuccessful with trades so I checked the boxes for a few series that I'd be able to sort through quickly. Ianaged to get 6 issues of "Wolverine and the X-Men" that I didn't have(Kenny put me onto this title and it's weird, but pretty good, especially considering it's an x-men book. Not normally my cup-o-soup). Then I went over to my friendly neighborhood Ultimate Spider-Man bin where I can usually find enough well cared for issues to drop about $40.00 on. The selection here was a little lacking, and I found one issue that met my standards, and I paid the inflated NYC price of $3.50 for Ultimate Spider-Man # 112.


UPDATE 3/10: Went to quite a few NYC comic shops, but was largely unsuccessful because of the chair.  Lots of stairs, very little space, not easy to breathe, and really crowded.  I hope to try NYC again when I'm walking, but I feel pretty bad for anyone who's stuck in a wheelchair for life.  If I ever open my own shop, the aisles are gonna be big enough for anyone.. even if the shop is tiny.  I'd rather have just one aisle than have to give the handicapped another raw deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment