Thursday, March 7, 2013


12     


GOING ON A TRIP

(train, plane, or taxi cab... all the choices hip)


I'll be heading up(down) to NYC with my parents to visit my little brother.  We'll e spending a couple days checking out the city.  Lucky for me, my little brother likes comics a little bit, so I'll have an ally when I attempt to devise the entire itinerary.

Unfortunately, the trip contains two challenges that I must meet and they are:
a) The open road.  I have to be alone with my parents for at least 3 hours each way.
b) My lungs.  They're still ineffective at best.  I'll be getting around in a wheelchair, wearing a mask and gloves and an oxygen supply, but if anything goes wrong or my body just decides to have a crappy day, I'll be stuck in the hotel.

Fortunately, I have a plan.  I'm bringing a good selection of mostly unread comics(see the distorted panorama below) and a few trades, and hopefully buying some in the city.  Buying them in the city will be extremely important if I finish my other ones on the way there.  I'll have trade paperbacks for backup, but we all know man cannot survive on TPB alone!
The comic books in the photo, from left to right, are:
Invincible presents Atom Eve & Rex Splode #1 & 2, Brit(2nd series) #1, Science Dog #1 & 2, Five Weapons #1, Guarding the Globe(1st series) #1 & 2, Superman: Secret Identity #1, Ultimate Six #1, Amazing Spider-Man #400(worst idea for a cover in spider-man history), and Batman and Robin (2nd series) #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment